We’re in the midst of a new normal, a persistent meshing of work and home lives which can be challenging. For employees that spend an inordinate amount of time on video conferences, we feel your pain. Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- Kid(s) Barge In. You’re on a critically important call with a prospective customer and in the midst of delivering a perfect pitch, your child kicks open the door to ask for more juice.
- Overzealous Neighbor. For those with home offices near the front door, the once-cute doorbell tune or thunderous knocks from “considerate” neighbors can really throw you off your game. And don’t even get us started on doorbell tech distractions.
- That’s Not Mine. Don’t want your colleagues to know you occasionally live like a college dropout? Sure you’ve tried digital background images on video calls but they’re often pixelated or bugged, which reveals an office full of discarded pizza boxes and half folded laundry.
Why doesn’t my home office look vaguely like this? Image Credit: One Kings Lane
If you can relate to any of these scenarios, CMC has a new offer for you!*** We call it the Virtual Office Box (VOB). This essential kit of tactile marketing items clears up common video conferencing challenges, in no time. Our VOB contains:
- Do Not Disturb Sticky Signage. Make your disruptors think twice with large, bold do not disturb sticky signage. While the sign alone may be enough to buy you ten precious seconds, we highly recommend adding something truly fearful, like pics of snakes, scorpions, or the in-laws, to really slow them down.
- Life-size Avatar Posters. Throw the family off your scent with a life-size avatar poster. Take a pic in your normal daily work attire (e.g. sweatpants) and we’ll create a life-size poster to place throughout the house. Buy valuable time as the kids bother the wrong you for the iPad charger or Cheetos.
- Rambler Swag Box. Sure, everyone loves a moleskine notebook or die-cut stickers on the company dime. But in these trying times, one must adapt. Our Rambler line of swag boxes includes only the essentials, such as a reusable cork coffee cup, a flask disguised as an everyday household item such as binoculars, and ten laptop camera covers. Do I see break time soon?
***We hope you’ve enjoyed our satirical take on making your remote office more productive. 🙂If you’re interested in bringing any of the above boxes to life we can absolutely customize your box and make it happen. To learn about our ACTUAL Virtual Office Boxes, contact us and let’s chat more about your needs. VOBs are great for customers, employees, partners, and communities to warm up the home office and increase productivity.
Here’s a sneak peek at our onboarding VOB, which can be customized to your needs:
Plus, VOBs are fun and productive for a variety of stakeholders or use cases:
Thanks to our marketing agency Persimmon Marketing for sharing this blog post with us. Let us know if CMC can support you on a custom VOB to help your stakeholders be happy and productive in their home offices.